We took the conservative route and waited for better/safer conditions.
The result was the best way for our dogs!
We have no injuries, no foot problems and very enthusiastic dogs.
I have no regrets with the decision to wait for better trails.
After a 11 day layoff, we ran the dogs on a marginal trail on Thursday with every dog booted and slower speeds on our 4.5 mile loop.
After the long layoff, it was prudent not to over tax the dogs and let them get used to running again.
We also made the decision not to train on Friday and wait for better trails on Saturday. Luckily, the forecast was correct and we received a sufficient snow for good running conditions on Saturday.
We still only ran the 4.5 mile loop, but we opened up the speed for both teams.
I am very happy with all the dogs performance!
Hopefully, the conditions continue to improve so we can do longer runs next week.
We have been receiving flurries all day so far.
Until net week.......