Patience is a virtue here, as all things will get resolved in time.
Just not instantly!
The good news is the parts required to fix the plow truck are all here, just not put on the truck yet.
However, not any need yet for plowing as we only received a few inches of snow overnight. Hopefully, the truck challenge will be fixed next week.
The septic system is not yet repaired.
However, my neighbour (who is a plumber) has come up here for the weekend and will be able to get things all operational again.
Thankful I have a friends chalet that I can go to too take care of business!
Roxie was adopted and this week went to her new home in Maine.
She has already won over the affection of her new family!!
She will be missed here, such a sweetheart!
Alexandra Bihl my new Handler/Trainee from France has arrived in Montreal and will be joining the Miortuk Team on Monday.
Welcome Alex and now your new adventure begins.
The weather this week was the big story.
We had two days of + temperatures (reaching a high of +9 celsius) with rain eliminating a lot of the snow. However, the hard pack trails are still in good shape. Yesterday, the temperature dropped from +9 to -20 with several inches of fresh snow.
Hopefully all the challenges will be resolved and get back to running the dogs.
The forecast for next week is for more seasonal temperatures.
Due to the long layoff for running the dogs, I will be unable to race at the next two weekend races at L'Epiphanie and St. Luc.
It would be very unfair to them to expect to race after the layoff and too little time to prepare them before the races.
Racing is secondary to the dogs welfare!
I haven't ruled out yet the race at ValCartier in March.
Until next week......