All that beautiful snow is now gone & replaced with ice due to rain all day Thursday & then a deep freeze arriving Friday.
However, the snow & the trails were excellent for running on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. We ran all three days & the times of the teams were the same for all three days. These results are very encouraging, especially for preparing the team for the three day race at Laconia in February. The problem we are facing is due to the lack of snow and getting longer training runs on the dogs. We need snow & a good base so we can go to the sled with longer runs.
This weather is very discouraging, especially with the way the dogs are performing. Patience is the order of the day as the snow will come & the the required training will occur. But, for now, the teams have been shut down waiting for safer conditions. We are forecasted to receive either snow or rain on Monday & snow returning on Wednesday next week. Lets hope we get only snow & no rain.
Until next week.......