We started the week with a return to our normal training schedule with running two teams on both Monday and Tuesday.
The "A" Team is doing great with enthusiastic runs. However, the "B" Team is going through a little funk with leader problems. This not unusual with a group of young leaders. This is a challenge to get a pair of reliable leaders for the 6 Dog Team. With the first race to take place on the 28/29th of January, time is running out to have a team ready.
The other challenge is to keep the "A" Team race ready. In order to accomplish this, we have cut back the training runs to three times per week and with short miles/run. We will through in an occasional longer run just for a change in routine.
We got the "A" Team out for a run on Friday with the "B" Team getting some time off to help get the leader's enthusiasm back.
Wednesday was to be a big shopping day with us leaving here to do a 2 hour drive to get supplies for the dogs and us and then a 2 hour return drive to the kennel. This is one of the few disadvantages of living in the Northern Forest!
However, we woke up to over 10" of fresh/wet snow on Wednesday Morning causing us to have to delay our trip. After cleaning up the snow , plowing out the roadway and feeding the dogs, we were able depart here around 11.30 am.
We returned to the kennel around 7.30 pm. All the supplies were unloaded within an hour and then sat down to supper. Also in the morning around 7am the hydro/electricity here went out, therefore a clod breakfast and no coffee!
The good news is the electricity was back on when we returned in the evening.
Thursday was more cleanup from the latest snowfall, removing the snow (70cm) from the roof of the chalet and grooming the trail as well as removing fallen trees blocking it.
I forgot to mention that the high temperatures on Wednesday and Thursday were + 6 and the temperature Friday was -10 and Saturday morning -28 celsius.
Needless to say, we are all enjoying a quiet weekend of relaxation.
Until next week......